Friday, October 5, 2012

Love



I’ve never had the pleasure of being in love.
Not because I won’t open myself up to the idea or even because I am picky.
The men simply don’t go for me.
It seems as if my type isn’t appealing to one’s eye.
I’ve been lucky to have years filled with travel.
To see places that explorers only write in their journals of.
And yet still,
I’ve never had the pleasure of being in love
Oh what I would give to be the center of someone’s attention
To have someone think of me just as much as I think of them
To be held in the arms of a lover after our bodies have exhausted themselves.
To simply be in love
Oh I can only imagine.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I like this one you are a great writer keep up the great work.

    Love you your aunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. your the center of my attention is that not enough??/....love the poem

    ReplyDelete