Monday, October 15, 2012

New York

They call her grand.
Her beauty alone causes the success and failure of millions.
Her beauty...
Is as dangerous as it is appealing.
But the fear of rejection stops no one from attempting her.
Everyone thinks they are a winner,
And she?... well she never says otherwise.
She craves the love and affection given to her.
And love her they do.
Unable to help themselves,
Infected with an obsession that even they themselves cannot explain.
They crave the place they call Newyork.
They want to possess her,
But me?..
I simply want to call her home.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I like your poem rather a lot! I hope that you keep writing, if only for your own sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like my poem. It seems I will just be writing for my own sake. Hence the description for the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you want to possess her alright.....; )

    ReplyDelete