Friday, October 5, 2012

Transit In Pause



The train station on Charles street continues to fill and empty.
The echo of footsteps traveling “somewhere” draw my attention.
I wish I had somewhere to go
Someplace to be
And someone excited for my arrival.
My home is miles away and long forgotten.
The guy in the green baseball cap is sitting further away than I would like.
If he were closer, he would see the dimple in my left cheek.
I would smile for him.
Even if he wasn’t my type, I’d still smile for him,
But he isn’t close enough,
And my head is down writing something that isn’t even intriguing.
But ‘oh how I wish I was intriguing.
How I wish I was of some importance.
Love is so unfair.
But a’las I shall continue to sit with my head in this book.
Far from a home that is miles away and long forgotten.
And continue to listen to the echo of footsteps of people traveling “somewhere”
…wishing I had somewhere to go
Someplace to be

And someone excited for my arrival.

3 comments:

  1. You are a very interesting woman. More than I thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can relate to this more ways than i would like to admit.

    ReplyDelete